Saturday, July 17, 2021

Paranormal Women's Fiction Book Review ~ A Ghost of a Chance (Midlife Spirits #2) by H.P. Mallory @HPMallory ~ #PWF #PNR

 


Living in a haunted house is going to be the death of me…
Potentially literally.

In an attempt to cleanse whatever entity Trina and I let into my house after our bout with a Ouija board, things have only gotten worse.

When the entity begins to sap Drake’s strength, I realize I have to do something, and that something needs to be done now…

While Drake does drive me crazy with his pretentious airs, his womanizing ways, and his jealousy, the idea of coming home to an empty house leaves me feeling… well, empty. Yes, it’s true—I’m pretty fond of my ghostly Casanova.

Meanwhile, whatever this entity is, it’s getting stronger and more aggressive. It appears to be mimicking the attacks of the Axeman, a murderer who terrorized New Orleans over one hundred years earlier.

And there’s only so much Ryan can do to help me, considering he’s corporeal.

When forced to make a decision to protect Drake, I’ll face a consequence that could put my blossoming relationship with Ryan on a forever hold.

*Previously published as the Peyton Clark Series

Learn More on Amazon https://amzn.to/3ksSZbP

ASIN: ‎B098KRCDPW
Publisher: ‎Rain Press
Publication Date: July 1, 2021
Print Length: 235 pages

My Review:

After Trina’s experiment with an Ouija board in Peyton’s newly inherited home let something sinister in, it’s time for Peyton to figure out how to remove the entity. Peyton heads to the only place she knows may be able to help – the local voodoo shop. With absolutely no experience and little assistance from the shop employee, Peyton embarks on the quest to cleanse her home. Except, Trina pops in right before Peyton and Ryan being the cleanse. Now, the entity is even more aggressive and Drake, her resident ghost, is no longer safe, and neither is she. It’s time to hit the heavies and the only thing Peyton can do to save Drake, is drastic and may hinder any potential relationship with Ryan indefinitely.

A Ghost of Chance is fun, romantic, intense, and scary. A lot goes on this book between Peyton and the entity, Peyton and Drake, and Peyton and Ryan. I love Peyton. She's fun, interesting, and her chemistry with Ryan is off the charts. Her relationship with Drake is flirty, fun, and dreamy, although a bit intense in this story. The continuation of the long-ago murder mystery and how it’s woven into book 2 is interesting. I found the book completely engaging, fast paced, and I couldn't put it down. I'm excited to read the next book.

I was provided a copy of this book to read.

My Review:

No comments:

Post a Comment