Sunday, July 25, 2021

Paranormal Romance Book Review ~ Mischief Brewing (Midlife Spirits #3) by H.P. Mallory @HPMallory #PNR #Paranormal


Two is better than one; unless the second is hitching a ride in your body.

Then one is definitely better than two.

After agreeing to let the spirit of Drake Montague inhabit my body (probably not one of my better ideas), I soon discover the twentieth-century French policeman may be dead, but his lothario longings sure aren’t.

Now I have to find a way to explain to my sweet, sexy, and very alive boyfriend, Ryan Kelly, that a spirit has taken up residence in my head, whispering French words of affection day and night. And, ahem, French is a pretty… sexy language.

While I’m torn between my love for a living man and my growing affection for one deceased, supernatural activity in New Orleans is at an all-time high. Something wicked this way is definitely coming.

With the help of my friends (and a little voodoo), I learn that the demonic spirit of the Axeman may still be dwelling in my house. Thanks a lot, realtor.com

ASIN: ‎ B0999GZQY5
Publication Date: ‎ July 12, 2021
Print Count: ‎ 218 pages
Learn More on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3iMy6G6

My Review:

A lot has happened leading up to Mischief Brewing. Peyton inherits a house in NOLA, she learns it's inhabited by not only the ghost of a policeman, but apparently a demonic entity she and Ryan's sister, Trina, allowed to enter through use of an Ouija board. A cleanse and an exorcism later and the entity is just plain ticked and feeding off of Drake's ghostly spirit. To save Drake, Peyton's only option is to allow Lovie and Christopher to perform a ritual allowing Drake to possess Peyton's body. Peyton's life is about to kick up the complications another notch. The supernatural activity in NOLA has also increased and Peyton's sure it's because of the Axeman. Now she must try and figure out how to send the Axeman packing.

Mischief Brewing is fun, romantic, intense, and scary. A lot goes on this book between Peyton and the entity, Peyton and Drake, and Peyton and Ryan. The involvement of voodoo increases in book 3 as Peyton works to handle Drake's possession, investigate the increased paranormal activity, and deal with the Axeman. I love Peyton. She's fun, interesting, and her chemistry with Ryan is off the charts. Her relationship with Drake is flirty, fun, and dreamy. The continuation of the long-ago murder mystery and how it’s woven into book 3 is interesting. I found the book completely engaging, fast paced, and I couldn't put it down. I'm excited to read the next book.

I was provided a copy of this book.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment