Monday, July 12, 2021

Paranormal Women's Fiction Review ~ Spandex Sorcery (Wanda's Witchery, Book 2) by J.R. Rain & H.P. Mallory @HPMallory #PNR #PWF

 


A Haven Hollow Novel

Lorcan and I continue to attempt a spell that will return his vampire “kiss” and return me to the witch I once was, but the spell keeps failing.

To make matters worse, Lorcan is getting heat from the head vampire of his line, Rupert. Rupert wants Lorcan to either fully blood me or kill me. And while I’m not a fan of growing fangs, I’m really not a fan of growing worms.

When a stranger, who introduces himself as ‘Dev’, walks into my shop, and I suddenly start acting like a lovesick schoolgirl, I’m fairly sure magic is to blame.

Dev is definitely something supernatural, but I’m not sure what. All I do know is that he makes me feel alive in a very...carnal way. Soon, I’m having dreams that become a reality and I find myself getting more and more confused as to what’s real life and what isn’t.

One thing I do know is that I have to get to the bottom of Dev’s appearance in Haven Hollow and, more specifically, what he wants from me. Because it’s becoming pretty apparent that if he doesn’t want something from me, then he definitely just wants me…

Learn More on Amazon:

Add to Goodreads Shelf:

My Review:

Demon in Denim is the third book in the Wanda’s Witchery series, set in the Haven Hollow world.
Wanda is half-witch and half-vampire, affectionately known as a blood witch. Having been cast out of her coven after being turned by Lorcan, she finds solace in the supernatural town of Haven Hollow. This book finds Wanda’s powers continuing to grow wildly out of control and now her dreams are becoming realities, very unpleasant realities. That's not even the half of Wanda's troubles.

A stranger waltzes into town, focused on Wanda. He's handsome, seductive, and has bewitched Wanda. Parts of her that have been dormant are beginning to come alive. Her libido is growing ever so out of control. Dev has some sort of supernatural power and Wanda can't figure out what it is. All she knows is the sight or very presence of Dev turns her into someone she doesn't recognize. Between the horrible and alive dreams, and her increased sexual awareness, Wanda is on the edge of either being arrested or turned into a vampire - neither of which are activities she currently has included on her bucket list.

It's time to bring in her backup and discover who Dev is, what he wants, and how he's able to manipulate her mind. When things get really bad, Wanda has to bring the heavies and hope they aid her instead of banishing or killing her. She hopes it doesn't come to either one of those last options. She quick likes the life she's created in Haven Hollow.

Demon in Denim is another fantastic and fun novel in the Haven Hollow series. Wanda's character is great. She acts tough and unfeeling but it’s just an act, one engrained in her since she was child in the coven. Even though it’s how she was raised to be, her character learns to relax a little in her new home. This book brings out even more of Wanda and we see a completely different side of her. Lorcan's character plays a huge and fantastic role in the story. I really enjoyed him, even when he was obsessing over Wanda. Many of the characters from the Poppy's Potions series make an appearance in Demon in Denim since both series' are set in the same town of Haven Hollow. I love the dual settings in Wanda's Witchery and Poppy's Potions. Completely different stories and points-of-view but with identical characters and setting.

The Wanda's Witchery series by H.P. Mallory and J.R. Rain is excellent. This writing duo brings interesting stories, intriguing characters, and thought-provoking mysteries to life. The character development provides history and growth, and the world-building creates a fantastic world to watch the characters do their thing.

I was provided a copy of this book to read.

My Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment