Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Book Review: Ignite You: A Second Chance Mafia Romance by Diana A. Hicks ~ Cole Brothers Series, Book #1 ~ Adult, Contemporary, Romance


Book Details:

Ignite You: A Second Chance Mafia Romance
Diana A. Hicks
Cole Brothers Series, Book #1
Publication date: November 1st 2019
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Amazon

About the Book:

“This is a slow-burn that made my heart melt. The buildup was perfect and the fall was beautiful!” – Goodreads Reader

Dom Moretti.
Former mafia hitman.
God’s gift to women.
Brilliant lawyer.

Those were just a few reasons why I hated Dom in law school.

Tonight…

I hate his panty-melting stare, his wicked smile, and that loose-hip stride of his.
I hate the way his biceps stretch the sleeves of his tailored suit.
I hate that after two years, I can’t stop thinking about the almost kiss in the library.

So when he sits at my bar, acting like he doesn’t remember me, I do what any woman would’ve done in my position.

I agree to a midnight hookup with the great Dom Moretti.

Ignite You is a steamy, slow-burn mafia romance that can be read as a standalone. It is book one in the Cole Brothers series. Previously released as Love Over Logic.

My Review:

Ignite You is the first book in the Cole Brothers series by Diana A. Hicks. The book primarily focuses on Dom Moretti and Emilia Prado, each character with a tragic past and ties to the mafia and cartel. Having known each other since law school, both are unwittingly brought back together 5 years later and pulled right back into the pasts they are both running from. Emilia is trying to get revenge on her cousin’s husband and Dom is trying to escape his foster father. Neither one wanted to cross paths again, but Dom and Emilia do and it’s a slow-burn romance that catches the pages of this story on fire. I read books 1 through 4 prior to grabbing this book (book 0 in the series) and now I want to read them all again. We get a small glimpse of the Cole brothers and it’s enough to pull me back into their world.

Ignite You is full of twists and turns, double-crosses, heartaches, and danger. The relationship between Dom and Emilia is smoking hot, dangerous, and leads them down a path neither wanted to take. When you’re the daughter and son of a mafia or cartel, though, are you really ever free? I was shocked and in awe of the winding paths this story took. So much drama, emotion, and steam. The author injects so much emotion into her Cole Brothers stories and Ignite You runs the gamut.

I felt Emilia’s frustrations and her need for revenge, and her loss and sorrow. I felt Dom’s protectiveness, his love and desire for Emilia, and his hatred toward his prior life. The magic is there between Emilia and Dom, and the author unraveled their issues layer-by-layer. I was engaged in the story completely. The book is full of heart-pounding danger, along with the realization that some people just aren't who you thought they were and others are better than you could ever imagine.

The characters are realistic and imperfect. They are strong, heroic, and noble. They make mistakes, bad judgement calls, and put themselves in danger. Best of all, though, they love hard and true. The chemistry between Emilia and Dom is unmistakable. The sparks sizzle off their skin every time they are together, whether right next to each other, or across the room. The book flows along perfectly paced, had a wonderful plot, side stories, and secondary characters. I could not put Ignite You down.

I was provided a copy of this book to read.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment