Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Book Review ~ Hard Knox by Amber Malloy ~ Perfect Stats, Book 2 ~ #SportsRomance

Hard Knox by Amber Malloy

Genre: Sports Romance



About the Book:

A simple favor to save the girl turns into the quarterback losing his heart.

As beautiful as she is fun, Remy Bell has only one problem—a psychotic killer with political power wants her dead. Always a ‘two steps ahead’ type of gal, she plans to outrun the maniac. Marriage and a sweet life in the football star’s hometown in Canada would give her the cover she needs, but Remy doesn’t stick around long enough to find out. She travels all over the world, photographing the most beautiful and devastating events, but her now-husband’s tabloid activities lead her to the one place she should avoid…back home.

Superstar Gavin Knox wins at everything. However, once he scores the girl of his dreams, he’s suddenly in danger of losing the one thing he has always needed. Before she can slip through his fingers, he offers her a deal she can’t refuse—marry him for Canadian citizenship, which will protect her, and after five years, they can divorce. Knox is positive that she will fall head over heels in love with him, but it doesn’t happen. After six years of marriage, two playoff titles and a third on the way, Knox is forced to contend with a successful wife almost more famous than he is.

Determined to get exactly what he wants, which includes having Remy and a family, he devises a stupid scheme that puts everything he’s worked so hard for in jeopardy.

Book Details:

Print Length: 169 pages
Publisher: Totally Bound Publishing
Publication Date: June 16, 2020
ASIN: B087D62GH4

My Review:

I enjoyed Hard Knox, book 2 in the Perfect Stats series by Amber Malloy. I was pulled in by the synopsis and couldn't put the book down. The story is engaging, fast paced, and includes intriguing characters. Remy and Gavin have a marriage of convenience but it's mostly to keep Remy safe. Both of them are like magnets to one another and when they get withing range, the sexual tension and steamy scenes are inevitable.

The suspense in the novel is subtle but I couldn't help sitting on the edge of my seat. Remy is running from someone and he/she may have just followed her right back home. I can't imagine having to look over my shoulder at every turn. The scene in Barbados was anxiety-inducing and I wondered who/what Remy was facing. The romance is hot. The chemistry between Remy and Gavin is undeniable and completely realistic. There are definite feelings between the two, despite their marriage to keep Remy safe.

The only thing I found off-putting about the story are random thought shifts and mentions or phrases  that didn't go with what was happening in the scene. This didn't happen often but I had to re-read some passages and try to figure out what I missed because something would happen or someone would say or do something that didn't make sense. I still enjoyed the story and was able to move past those parts.

If you like a good romance with a touch of suspense and scorching-hot passion, I recommend Hard Knox. The author's writing style is smooth and conversational, the story is interesting, and I enjoyed the entire book. I look forward to reading more by this author.

I was provided a copy of this book to read.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment