Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Contemporary Romance Review ~ The Rival Roomies (The Rooftop Crew, Book #3) by Piper Rayne @PiperRayneRocks


Print Length: 278 pages
Publication Date: May 12, 2020
ASIN: B07XXF23KL
Amazon

I’ve loved him from afar.

Though most times he’s only a foot away.

I’m smart enough to know he’ll never be anyone’s forever.

He checks all the bad boy boxes. Tattoos. Check. Motorcycle. Check. Chip on his shoulder. Check check.

If he wasn’t my neighbor and friend I may have thrown myself at him. Okay, yeah. I wouldn’t. Because guys like Dylan don’t want a woman who writes kid’s math textbooks under him in bed. Instead, I pathetically savor morsels of moments where I have his sole attention.

That was until his archenemy moved in with me. Now suddenly, Dylan’s moving in too and warning off the first guy in a long time who’s showing me interest. Could he finally see me as more than a friend, or am I just a prize to win and show off to his enemy?



I have been waiting for this book since I met Rian and Dylan in book 1 of this series. I knew it would be sexually tense, boil over, and just rock both characters to the core. I was not disappointed. We have watched them in the background of books 1 and 2 of The Rooftop Crew. We knew their repressed feelings would combust. We were given exactly what we needed in the eventual union of my favorite Rooftop Crew couple.

Everything about The Rival Roomies worked for me. The characters are awesome and include everyone from the previous books. While this is considered a stand alone, I highly recommend reading the series in order so you have context. The character development is great and the authors introduce a new person, Jax. Jax is a rival of Dylan's from back in the day. When Jax begins to show interest in Rian, Dylan just goes berserk, going as far as moving in with Rian and Jax, after Jax takes one of the spare room in Rian's apartment. The level of emotions in this book run high, are expertly written, and make the reader feel exactly what the characters are feeling.

The entire series is awesome and highly recommended. The Rival Roomies is exceptional and my absolute favorite of the three books. I'm glad I will be able to read the story again anytime I want. 

I look forward to the next book.


No comments:

Post a Comment