Friday, November 19, 2021

#Paranormal Book Review ~ Sharpest Sting (Elemental Assassin, Book #18) by Jennifer Estep


The truth won’t set me free—but it will probably get me killed...

As Gin Blanco, aka the assassin the Spider, I’m used to having a target on my back. But ever since I started investigating the secret society known as the Circle, that target seems bigger than ever.

Still, I’m trying to relax and enjoy the events leading up to my friends’ wedding when I learn that an old enemy has returned to Ashland. And that’s the just beginning of my latest nightmare. Soon, I have Circle goons watching my every move, but I have no choice but to continue searching for a key piece of evidence against the evil group.

The deeper I dig, the more horrifying secrets I uncover, and the more dangerous things become for me and my friends. Just when I think I finally have a handle on things, a shocking revelation shatters my heart and leaves me with an ugly realization—that betrayal is the sharpest sting of all...

Amazon https://amzn.to/3wVfEkJ
Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/50920130-sharpest-sting

Book Details:

ASIN: ‎ B07VZ8L7F7
Publisher: ‎ Jennifer Estep (October 8, 2019)
Publication Date: ‎ October 8, 2019
Print Length: ‎ 366 pages

My Review:

Mallory and Stuart are tying the knot soon but an old enemy ends up on scene. Now, not only does Gin have to be aware of this new threat, she also had to try and to keep track of the Circle. Every step Gin takes, she finds she has a shadow. As she continues to dig into her past, the associations with the Circle, and current events, her life and the lives of those she loves are increasingly in danger. 

The 18th book in the Elemental Assassin series is action packed, suspenseful, and a wonderful addition to Gin's story. As will all books in this series, I found this installment fresh and exciting as Gin faces an old enemy and members of the Circle. I was pulled into this story and the author did a wonderful job keeping me engaged. In fact, the entire series has pulled me in and kept me engaged from the very beginning. These are the types of books that have me longing for the next one. They are written with vivid descriptions and genuine feelings, allowing the reader to become totally immersed in this world.

The twists and turns come out of nowhere and there are many surprise moments. My heart was pounding and I was on the edge of my seat through a good portion of the book. The world building continues and we continue to learn more about Gin's past and the Circle.

Even after 18 novels Jennifer Estep knows how to keep the stories interesting. I am a huge fan of the entire series.

I was provided a copy of this book to read.

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment