Friday, November 19, 2021

New Adult #Romance Review ~ Maneuver (Men of Inked: Southside, Book #1) by Chelle Bliss @ChelleBliss1

 


He’s always been the player… but he’s about to get played.

LUCIO GALLO

Growing up on the rough Southside of Chicago, I learned how to play the field. Between my rugged good-looks, rock-hard body, and panty-melting smile, I was used to getting my way.

…But then she walked into my club.

DELILAH MILES

I may have grown up with the finer things in life, but that doesn’t mean I take crap from anyone. I’m tough as nails, fiercely independent, and am never afraid to speak my mind.

…But then then he stormed into my life.

Amazon https://amzn.to/35AGh28

Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40047870-maneuver

Book Details:

ASIN: ‎ B07CVKQWZ3
Publisher: ‎ Bliss Ink (July 31, 2018)
Publication Date: ‎ July 31, 2018
Print Length: ‎ 270 pages

My Review:

I found this book really intriguing. I loved both Delilah and Lucio. They are two unlikely characters who are brought together in an unconventional way. Delilah is used to the finer things but she's also abused. When she and her daughter Lulu are unceremoniously dumped by her father on the side of the road in an unfamiliar area, Delilah seeks refuge in the only place open in the middle of the night. 

Lucio can't believe who walks into his bar - a woman and her young child. When he learns how they landed there, he offers them a home and Delilah a job. The passion and romance that develops between them is quick, and probably a bit unrealistic but I found the story enjoyable anyway. I was engrossed in the story from the beginning and couldn't put the book down. 

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment