Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Paranormal Romance Review: Bone Voyage (Midlife Spirits #4.5) by H.P. Mallory

 

What a tangled web we weave when first we practice… to be possessed…

It’s my first Christmas in New Orleans, so you’d think I’d be in festive spirits…

Well, I might have been if not for the appearance of Peter MacGregor.

Having heard of my success in stopping the axeman by going back to 1919, Peter now wants me to solve the murder of his wife by going back to 1959.

And, you got it, going back in time means first going back to Guarda’s. If I never step foot on that woman’s property again, it will be too soon.

Never say never…

*Previously published as the Peyton Clark Series

(Please Note: Bone Voyage is a novella; thus, the length is shorter than the other books in the Midlife Spirits Series.)

Add to Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58647227-bone-voyage
Learn More on Amazon https://amzn.to/3fVauOU

ASIN: ‎ B09B8VK867
Publisher: ‎ Rain Press
Publication Date: ‎ July 25, 2021
Print Length: ‎ 59 pages

My Review:

Bone Voyage is twisted, intense, shocking, and sad. Peter MacGregor learns about Peyton's abilities and when he discovers she was able to go back in time to stop the Axeman, he seeks her out. His wife was murdered in 1959 and Peter requests Peyton's help in finding out who took her life. 

I love Peyton. She's fun, interesting, and a wonderful character. She's learning more about her abilities but it's not all wine and roses. In fact, the story told in this novella is devastating. As she dances around in the past, Peyton uncovers information about Guarda that increases her character's creep factor and brings a lot of elements into focus.

I found this novella completely engaging, fast paced, and I couldn't put it down. I'm excited to read the next book.

I was provided a copy of this book to read.

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment