Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Review ~ Our Star-Crossed Kiss (The Rooftop Crew, Book 4) by Piper Rayne #ContemporaryRomance


About the Book:

She’s got two strikes against her.
Her name is Erickson and her parents own The Bagel Place.

It wasn’t always that way. When we were nine, we were best friends. But then a feud between our dads ripped their successful business apart—and my best friend was ripped away too.

Our paths were bound to cross again. When both our families vie for the same spot on a Food Channel’s reality show, the producers decide to change the format, aligning us as allies.

In order to get our parents to agree to work together, Evan asks me to pretend to be her boyfriend, but I dare her to up the ante—be my fiancée. Fake fiancée… obviously.

As usual, I didn’t think things through. Turns out our parents have a lot of demands neither one of us expected. And all those demands lead to things feeling more real than fake.

Grab Your Copy Here:
Amazon US

My Review:

Evan Erickson and Seth Andrews are ones who got away...from each other. A family feud from 20 years ago split the duo apart. Evan and Seth spent all that time using avoidance techniques while being equally as miserable. When a cooking show comes to town, they find themselves competitors until the producers shake up the format. Now, Evan and Seth concoct a scheme to reunite their still-feuding parents....they pretend to date and become engaged. As Evan and Seth's plan continues to ramp up, so do their feelings for each other. The ending of this charade may prove to completely break them both.

Everything about Our Star-Crossed Kiss worked for me. The characters are awesome and include everyone from the previous books. Evan and Seth have such fantastic chemistry and witty banter. While you could consider this a stand alone, I highly recommend reading the series in order so you have context. The character development is great and the authors continue to introduce a new characters. The level of emotions in this book run high, are expertly written, and make the reader feel exactly what the characters are feeling.

The entire series is awesome and highly recommended. Our Star-Crossed Kiss is exceptional and I loved the book very much. I'm glad I will be able to read the story again anytime I want.

I look forward to the next book.

I was provided a copy of this book to read.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment