Wednesday, October 21, 2020

#Fantasy #Romance Review ~ Arcane Ambition by H.P. Mallory ~ Episode 5


Episode 5: Arcane Ambitions

What happens when Sinjin finally finds himself face to face with Bryn? Will it be a love reunion or will sparks fly?

Meanwhile, Emma’s school is attacked by possessed werewolves, who glow with an eerie blue light. Emma knows she needs Stone’s help but how will she respond when she learns Stone’s secrets?

And Pagan is starting to realize Nyx isn’t all she seems. Can he trust her or will doing so mean his downfall?

And what happens when Jolie finds her feelings for Morse developing?

Find out what happens in the fifth episode of the Mists of Magic and Mayhem Series!

Amazon: https://amzn.to/31KWtfV

ASIN : B08L41L9B3
Publication Date : October 11, 2020

Arcane Ambition is the 5th episode in the Mists of Magic and Mayhem serial by H.P. Mallory.

Episode 5 spends a lot of time with Bryn and Sinjin as they come face-to-face for the first time in 10 years. A lot of emotion erupts and I can't help but feel sadness for Sinjin and anger toward Bryn.  Bryn keeping their daughter Rowan away from her father disgusts me. The issues between them should have never led to Sinjin missing out on 10 years of his child's life because Bryn was angry at him over something that did not involve Rowan. I actually see Bryn in a completely different way now than I did in the Bryn and Sinjin series and it's not in a good way.

All to often this scenario happens in real life and while outsiders are quick to label him a deadbeat dad and her a strong, single parent, it's really her fault a child, or children, miss out on having a father in their lives. Please don't argue with me about this. I've been, and still am, part of a situation just like this (I don't have biological children so don't assume I'm the "her" in any of this discussion) and I've seen it happen. It disgusts me. 

While I view Bryn differently now, her character is still an integral part of the series (and I will eventually move past the anger I feel toward her in this particular episode). Her strength and tenacity lead her to the Abyss where she's sure her sister dwells. Despite her treatment of him, Sinjin still follows her into the Abyss and it's a good thing. The Abyss is full of evil and having Sinjin by her side helps keep her safe.

In the meantime, back at the school Emma attends is attacked oddly glowing wolves. Fortunately, Emma and her friends are ushered to safety by Stone. As they try to run and hide, Stone's protection leads to devastating consequences. Emma and her friends also learn several secrets Stone has been keeping under wraps.

The fourth episode in the Mists of Mayhem series is action-packed, fast-paced, pulls the reader in effortlessly, and keeps them engaged. I am excited to be back in this world. Along the way through this fresh, new adventure we get to meet new characters, venture into new settings, and learn new things. The story is engaging and branches in several directions, but it's done smoothly.

This series is amazing. I love that we are back in the world of Jolie Wilkins and we get to see what they are up to 10 years after the end of the Bryn and Sinjin series. Each book draws you in and the endings keep you wanting more. I’m constantly on edge, waiting for the next book.

Each episode ends with a mild cliffhanger and I'm not ashamed to admit the ending of Arcane Ambition made me cry. 

I was provided a copy of this book to read.




No comments:

Post a Comment