Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Review ~ Peaches and Dreams (Green Valley Heroes #4) by Juliette Cross ~ @Juliette__Cross @SmartyPantsRom


About the Book:

Marly Rivers is not crazy. No matter what everyone says. They may think her dream is foolish, but she plans to prove them all wrong—one jar of moonshine at a time.

Single dad Wade Kelley is just fine. No matter what his best friend Jed says. He doesn’t need a woman in his life. But when his son Jake breaks a jar of moonshine, he sets something in motion that neither Wade nor Marly are prepared for.

A friendly favor turns into late nights, long dinners, and a romp in the woods. And in a deer stand too. By the time Wade realizes he’s fallen hard and deep for Mad Marly, it may be too late to tell her. When she falls into real and sudden danger with poachers, he may not even be able to save her.

‘Peaches and Dreams’ is a full-length contemporary romance and can be read as a standalone. Book #4 in the Green Valley Heroes series, Green Valley Chronicles, Penny Reid Book Universe.

My Review:

Peaches and Dreams is a fun contemporary romance. I not only enjoyed Marly and Wade, but the secondary characters, as well, especially Wade's son, Jake. The small-town setting was near and dear to my heart since I, too, am from a small town. Everyone knows everyone else's business but the community is tight knit.

Marly's dream is different but none-the-less important. I loved that she stayed resolved even in the face of adversity (I'm look at you, Marly's dad). Marly is quirky and fun and the way she was written totally fit with the character I envisioned. I loved Marly and Wade together, even with their vast differences, and getting to know them from the small interjections from their past and during their navigation of the present.

I love Juliette Cross’s writing style and the way she tells stories. Her ability to create stories with romance and a solid plot is what keeps me coming back. I can't wait for Juliette's next book, in any series or standalone. She is a favorite one-click author for me!!

I was provided a copy of this book.

My Rating:



My Review was originally posted here:

https://saphsbooks.blogspot.com/2023/09/release-day-review-peaches-and-dreams.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment