Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Stuck With My Ex’s Best Friend (Lovin' the Pines, Book 1) by Kristine W. Joy #RomCom #EnemiesToLovers


Book Details:

ASIN: ‎ B0BD5XDWN6
Publication Date: ‎ September 18, 2022
Print Length: ‎ 205 pages

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3NXDW7p

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/62311139-stuck-with-my-ex-s-best-friend

About the Book:

Now I’m stuck in a tiny mountain town, at the mercy of a man who hates my guts — my ex-husband's infuriatingly attractive best friend...

All I got in the divorce was this unfinished ‘cabin.’

The plan was to sell it and move on.

A modeling career is useless in the woods, and my savings are nonexistent.

But I can’t list the home in this condition.

So now I’m living in a construction zone in the middle of a literal forest...

Relying on a billionaire architect, who is also my ex-husband’s best friend, and seemingly determined to sabotage the whole thing.

Small towns have a way of bringing people together...

And suddenly, I’m finding myself attracted to him, wondering if I should stick around here longer…

Now I have to make a choice — Follow my head, or risk it all again and follow my heart.

My Review:

Stuck with My Ex's Best Friend is a well-written contemporary romance. Emily just finalized a rather nasty divorce where the only asset she was awarded is an unfinished cabin. An unfinished high-end "cabin" in the woods. A "cabin" that is currently under construction, leaving Emily homeless and without any money. The construction is being overseen by her ex's best friend, who clearly has issues with her. What ensues is a game of cat-and-mouse between Emily and Silas. 

The close proximity of Silas and Emily has them both considering things neither have been interested in after dealing with such devastating past relationships. The closeness of the townsfolk has a huge affect on Emily and requires her to make some rather large decisions. Decisions that won't only affect her. Decisions that have Silas feeling guilty since Emily's ex is his best friend. One that will find Silas talking to his best friend about.

The confrontation between Silas and Martin, Katie's ex was lackluster, at best. I didn't expect a knockdown drag out but something about it left me unsettled and unsatisfied. I appreciated Silas going to bat for Katie but I was let down by their conversation.

Despite the Silas/Martin letdown, Stuck with My Ex's Best Friend was a wonderful book. The characters where likable (except Martin) and complex. I really enjoyed the setting and how the town came to be in existence. The author crafted a unique enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy. One that I truly enjoyed.

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment