Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Urban Fantasy/New Adult Book Review ~ A Stream of Darkness by Avery Kilpatrick @avekilpatrick ~ Crymsen Crescent, Book One

A reformed killer, a dragon agent, and a lone shifter must work together to investigate four abductions…


A Stream of Darkness
Crymsen Crescent
Book One
Avery Kilpatrick

Genre: Urban Fantasy, New Adult with a dash of romance

Publisher: Avery Kilpatrick

Date of Publication: July 31, 2020

ISBN: B08DQRLCNC

ASIN: 9798645700447

Word Count: 62,358

Amazon

Cover Artist: Warren Design

About the Book:

I've always had a close relationship with death.

Six years ago, I was the Renegade, the Wolf of Eden, terrorizing the streets of a small town in Mississippi. Now, after a plea deal that saved my life, I work for the police as a consultant and unofficial cop.

Obsidian Moon, the Underworlder police agency, isn't doing anything about the disappearances of four college women. It falls to my shoulders while I'm stressing over my college assignments and the new transfer who thinks testing my control is a great pasttime.

Then there's him. The mystery shifter who danced with me at a club and reminds me of home. And he seems to be more than just a random stranger who walked up to an ex-murderer and danced rather than fight.

But I have bigger concerns than two sexy men on my tail as a stream of darkness hangs over Paradise Grove.

The opening of a new series, A Stream of Darkness, will have you guessing at every turn and turning the pages to learn more.



Where do I start with this review?! How about with A Stream of Darkness was amazing! I had very high hopes for the book and I was not disappointed. In fact, it exceeded my expectations. I started this book and could not put it down. Drawn into the mystery, I was as perplexed as Luce was as she dug deep into the case of missing women. When an evil presents itself, Luce finds herself going up against a rogue organization thought to be using ancient rituals to cause havoc.

Amid the danger and mystery the author weaves in a dragon pulling Luce's pigtails and a mysterious stranger Luce is uncharacteristically drawn to at a club where her friend Izzy works. The potential love triangle was subtle and perfectly crafted through the book. The chemistry between Luce and her men is evident and much stronger with one than the other. The relationships the author created are quick yet realistic. Like Luce, I also fell hard for one of the book boyfriends and am happy with how everything turns out.

The author created wonderful characters, well-developed, and likable. Her world building was descriptive and vivid, allowing me to visualize the story. I enjoyed getting to know these new characters, the new supernatural realm the author created, and follow the adventures of Luce, Izzy, Ari, Casimir, and the rest of the cast of characters. I cannot wait for the next book in the series.

I was provided a copy of this book to read.



No comments:

Post a Comment