Sunday, March 15, 2020

Book Review ~ Thrall (Supernaturals of Las Vegas, Book One) by Carrie Harris ~ @carrharr #PNR @RoxanneRhoads

Undeniable attraction. Blood magic. Vampire politics. Murder...Just another day in Las Vegas.



Thrall
Supernaturals of Las Vegas
Book One
Carrie Harris

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Publisher: Inked Entertainment

Date of Publication: 3/7/2020

ASIN: B084RGTXNF

Number of pages: 234
Word Count: 52,000

Cover Artist: Inked Entertainment

Amazon

About the Book:

Liss Lorensson is a thrall–born to be a servant of the vampire crown prince.

Gregor Valdemar is a vampire prince who chafes under the strict rule of his sire and longs for a different life.

When the two finally meet on Liss’s 21st birthday, sparks fly. But blood magic, murder, and political intrigue stand in the way of their growing romance. Vampire seduction meets the power of the blood in this first volume of the Supernaturals of Las Vegas series.

My Review:

Thrall is a paranormal romance involving the crown prince vampire and his newest thrall. Liss is the 21-year-old daughter of Gregor's family of thralls. The book begins with her making her court debut. When Liss enters the room the air shifts between her and Gregor. Their chemistry is amazing and electric. I enjoyed their interactions. What follows is a chain of events that lead to changes in power, reveals in magical abilities, treachery, and just maybe, love. 

I enjoyed Thrall. The characters were interesting and written well. I enjoyed their development throughout the story. The world-building allowed me to imagine the scenery and feel the emotions of each character. The only issues I had were the abrupt changes in the scenes and the continued miscommunication between Liss and Gregor. I had to re-read several sections because the thoughts changed to abruptly that I thought I missed something. When addressing the nobles and the rest of the court, Gregor made some announcements that affected Liss but he didn't discuss them with her first. So, now we have a 21 year-old thrall trying to pick the announcements all apart and figure out what is real and what is fake. 

The story might be over 200 pages, however, the book reads quickly. I enjoyed the characters, story, scenes, and writing of the author. The book quickly fills with suspense, and I was on the edge of my seat during certain situations. If you're looking for a book filled with vampires, politics, suspense, and romance, grab your copy of Thrall.

I was provided a copy of this book to read.

My Rating: 


No comments:

Post a Comment