Saturday, February 8, 2020

#Book Review ~ Evil's Ultimate Huntress (An Alexis Black Novel: Book Two) by Jenn Windrow ~ #UrbanFantasy #UF ~ @jennwindrow


Book Details:

Print Length: 280 pages
Publication Date: November 5, 2018
ASIN: B07FTTP932
Purchase Link: Amazon

About the Book:

Vampire Alexis Black just wanted to be human again. Now she just wants to stay alive…and undead.

Two months ago, Vampire Alexis Black almost killed Delano Melazi, an ancient blood-sucker hell-bent on eradicating the human race…almost. Ever since, he’s been trying to return the favor one pointy-toothed minion at a time. Now she spends her nights, along with her vampire-tolerating human partner and ghostly side-kick trying to keep Delano’s army from taking over her city.

Delano is small veins compared to the artery that is Andre, her twin. The brother that Alexis’ sire tortured and twisted into a monster. The brother who now leads her enemy’s army against her. The brother she doesn’t think she can beat. Now Alexis has a new mission—save Andre by finding his last spark of humanity or follow orders or do what she does best…kill vampires.


Evil's Ultimate Huntress is the second book in Jenn Windrow's amazing Alexis Black series. One of my favorite urban fantasy series' I couldn't wait to get my hands on book 2. The book is so good I devoured it as quick as I could. The timeliness of my review is not as impressive as the content of the book or my ability to devour it in a day or so. I read this quite a while ago, during the last semester of my master's degree (which included a master's thesis). I was unable to make time to write the review and am still playing catch-up. For such an amazing series I should made a much better effort.

Alexis's attempt to kill Delano Melazi did not go as planned and Delano is a bit sore at Alexis. He has amassed an army and is trying to destroy her town. The worst part of the situation is her twin brother, Andre.  He's leading the army set on destroying her along with the entire human race. Along with Reaper, Alexis must find a way to stop Andre - whether she manages to find his last bit of humanity or is forced to do her job, which means his death.

Alexis is an awesome character. She's strong and despite her vampire heritage, Alexis still manages to maintain a good portion of her humanity. She cares about humans, even ones who don't deserve her, and continues to try and protect everyone. Reacher is still Alexis's troubled partner. He's complicated and closed off. He continues to have a hard time trying to rectify his partnership with a vampire.

The author does a wonderful job world building. I was able to visualize the scenes in my head because they were descriptive, allowing to picture every event, emotion, and atmosphere relayed by the author. I really enjoyed the story and the plot. The character development continues and I felt like I was able to get to know Alexis, Reaper, Eddie, and the rest of the characters.

The book is fast-paced, action-packed, and suspenseful. There are twists and turns around every corner. I appreciate the uniqueness and originality of Evil's Ultimate Huntress and can't wait to see what happens in book 3.

I was given a copy of this book to review.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment